06 July 2008

{Prayer

I’m not sure, Lord, how to sort through these thoughts and theories. Notion upon notion makes such commotion that I cannot tell if I’ve turned to the right or the left. I’m so tangled in this world that it’s getting more difficult to see that ancient path. But I know, I have been taught, that the Way is alive, and that he will seek me and call me from amidst the rubble of a used and abused life. You are the Way. I ask you, and in asking I receive, to set me free from the confusion and take away the pain of my own negligence. Forgive me for my sins, my self-will, my ill-crafted illusion. Keep me away from the temptations that I have entertained. Keep my soul out of the enemy’s reach. Good Shepherd, hear my cry for help and do what must be done to save me.

No comments: